Butcher/Meat Cutter (Retail or Wholesale)(NOC 6331)
QR Code Link to This Post
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice - to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility.
To know more about our company please visit
Come and be a part of our dynamic team! We currently have openings for Permanent Fulltime experienced Meat Cutters/Butchers to join our Fabrication area. There are 50 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
Applicants with Less than 3 years of experience will be assigned entry level jobs and receive on-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training .
Guelph, Dunlop Facility
165 Dunlop Dr. ON N1L 1P4
Job start date
As soon as possible
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters ( 3+ years of experience) is $19.05/hour as Wage Range is $16.60 - $25.55/hour as per the collective agreement
Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $16.60/hour
As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision, Pension plan benefits.
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands. Over-time is at time and a half.
Terms of Employment
Permanent Full time
Meat processing and packing plant
Work Site Environment
Security and safety
Basic security clearance
• Cut carcasses, sides and quarters.
• Cut, trim and prepare specialized cuts of meat
• Remove bones from meat.
• Prepare special orders
• Performing repetitive tasks
• Fast paced environment
• Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
• Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
• Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY EXPERIENCE
Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
• High School education
• 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value )
• Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
• Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work under cold conditions
• Commitment to safety and food quality processes
• Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
• Attention to detail and work well with others
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
• Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
• Reliability/ Dependability
• Basic English communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Dunlop Beef Facility
Human Resources Department
165 Dunlop Drive
Guelph ON N1L 1P4
Tel: show contact info
Fax: show contact info
Best Method is to Apply directly by following the link below: