compensation: 16.50 to 19.50 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Patient Representative as the Veterinary Assistants is a lifeline between the doctor and pet owner who work as an integral and important part of our Fergus Veterinary Hospital health team. In this position you will use your knowledge and practical skills to provide gold standard veterinary care in support of Healthy Patients, Happy Clients, and a High-Qualify of Life!
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in patient treatments, hospital maintenance, inventory control, clients care, and assisting doctors in exam rooms with notes and documentation into medical records and comforting the patient on behalf of the pet owner. Your specialty includes excellent team-player with effective communication and organizational skills, time management and prioritization abilities.
More specifically, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Communication skills providing exceptional customer service such as answering phones, addressing client concerns, emailing, faxing etc.
• Proficiency and working knowledge of computers, specifically Practice Management Software
• Assisting the veterinarian and technicians in appointments and procedures; a blend of exam room assisting, reception duties and light cleaning
• Client support including patient handling, review of vaccinations, booking appointments, invoice processing and admitting patients for appointments
• General math skills with good problem solving and analytical skills
• Physical capability to lift 20 kg 50 plus pounds without assistance
• Restrain animals for procedures such as venipunctures
• Organize equipment for the next day and ensure its functionality – Help ensure the cleanliness of the clinic, both treatment area and other areas in use
• Competitive Hourly wage commensurate with experience
• Continuous Education allowance
• Discounted medical service for personal pets and on food and supplies + 10%
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Thank you for your interest in joining a great team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Technician’s;
We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers