Maintenance Mechanic/Service Representative
QR Code Link to This Post
Multi-national OEM of food processing equipment seeks talented and hard-working Service Representative to maintain food processing equipment/machinery.
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Manage and maintain food processing systems/equipment ensuring total customer satisfaction (quality, productivity, service) as well as achievement of organizational and departmental goals and objectives to include support of sales initiatives.
• Provide direct support and subject matter expertise to customer for processing equipment ensuring full satisfaction regarding equipment performance and service.
• Perform repairs, overhauls, preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment.
• Effectively and efficiently troubleshoot equipment problems to reduce productivity losses.
• Provide guidance and training to customer personnel to successfully operate, maintain and overhaul equipment.
• Document and report machine performance, corrective actions, maintenance activities, parts utilization, etc. Effectively communicate customer corrective actions required to improve machine performance.
• Consistently and accurately follow standard work procedures, policies, etc.
• Must be able to work weekends, any shift, and travel domestically and internationally.
Summary of Critical Qualifications, Competencies, Experience:
• 5 years of experience performing similar duties or functions.
• Must have a high degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction and service-oriented attitude and commitment.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills on complex equipment and processes.
• Advanced mechanical skills and experience (bearings, bushing, chains, belts, hoses, pumps, seals, motors, etc.).
• Intermediate electrical skills and experience (sensors, PLCs, circuits, etc.).
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with little to no direct supervision and independently.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure as well as in fast paced, loud, variable environments (hot, cold, humid, dry, wet, smells, etc.).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Current passport or able to obtain a passport.
• Must have valid driver’s license, be insurable, as well as have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to frequently and for extended periods of time stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and reach into machines with arms fully extended to make machine repairs, crouch or crawl, climb up stairs and ladders, walk or crawl over and under machinery, lift and carry parts, equipment, etc. up and down stairs and ladders. Some parts require lifting, balance, align, tighten, etc. in a sitting, bending, kneeling, or laying position, occasionally lift, move/carry, or support more than 50 pounds.
• Must be willing and able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, variable and long shifts, overtime, etc.
• Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time.