compensation: This is a volunteer position employment type: part-time internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
DIG Community Lab is a not-for-profit all about promoting and building resilience in our food systems through educational resources and community engagement. We are looking for enthusiastic, thoughtful and organized individuals with strong initiative to help lead DIG community engagement activities in their region. This is a volunteer position - but we will provide facilitation resources, event coordination tools and support along the way.
You will be responsible for encouraging others to learn ways to build resilience in our food systems; creating a welcoming and friendly space for knowledge sharing and learning; plus, you get to gain some event management, community organizing and facilitation skills.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Have an interest in improving food systems, topics around adapting to climate change, and food security
- Are flexible, adaptable and organized
-Are enthusiastic and motivating
- Are approachable, friendly, thoughtful and supportive
- Are solutions-minded and results-oriented
- Organizing gatherings - like, workshops, meetups, discussions
- Gatherings usually take place on weekends or weekday evenings. We want to do our best to run a workshop every month - but this is flexible based on the needs and demands of your region and of course, your capacity
- Further getting to know and representing your community
- Listening and learning about what community members and organizations want to learn about and determine solutions for in the realm of building resilience in our food systems
- Being aware and attentive of those who are underrepresented in your community when it comes to the design of food systems
- Volunteer management: Finding other passionate volunteers in your community to help with day-of event coordination. But especially for your first few workshops, expect for us to be on-site to help out - all hands on deck!
Running gatherings can be a lot of work. We get it. But don’t you worry, we’ve got you covered in a variety of ways. You can lean on us for...
- Some administrative, event registration and accounting support
- Supporting resources for the gatherings: Choose from existing content, organizing resources and templates that we’ve created for you to use
- PR and Marketing support: Social media, email newsletters, creative assets for you to use
- Community development support
- Ongoing support from us – you’ll be added to an internal community where we’ll support you along the way
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers