Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice - to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility.
To know more about our company please visit: https://www.cargill.ca/en/meat-processing
Come and be a part of our dynamic team! Cargill was name one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2020. We currently have openings for permanent full-time experienced Meat Cutters/Butchers to join our Fabrication area. There are 50 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
Applicants with less than 3 years of experience will be assigned entry level jobs and receive on-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training.
Guelph, Dunlop Facility
165 Dunlop Dr. ON N1L 1P4
Job Start Date
As soon as possible
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (3+ years of experience) is $20.10/hour.
Wage Range is $18.40 - $26.60/hour as per the collective agreement.
Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $18.40/hour.
As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision, Pension plan benefits.
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed to fulfill production demands. Overtime is at time and a half.
Terms of Employment
Meat processing and packing plant
Work Site Environment
Security & Safety
Basic security clearance
• Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
• Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts of meats using knives;
• Cutting, trimming, and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications
• Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety requirement as well as safe food handling practices
• Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards;
• Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
• Training for entry level employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
• Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
• Performing repetitive tasks
• Fast paced environment
• Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
• Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
• Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing to surroundings.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY EXPERIENCE
• Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
• High School education
• 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value)
• Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
• Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work under cold conditions
• Commitment to safety and food quality processes
• Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
• Attention to detail and work well with others
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
• Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
• Reliability/ Dependability
• Basic English communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly online by following the link below:
https://jobs.cargill.com/job/Guelph-Skilled-Production-Meat-Cutter-NOC-6331-Full-Time-Dunlop%2C-Guelph%2C-ON-1-Onta-N1L-1P show contact info
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities