Dressor Crane & Hoist div. of The Dressor Group Ltd
compensation:$40 per hour, paid bi-weekly
job title:Overhead Crane Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
Dressor Crane & Hoist div. of The Dressor Group Ltd. located at 400 Morobel Drive Units 3 & 4
Milton, ON L9T 4N6, requires the services of 2 overhead crane technician. The full time (40 hour per week) and permanent appointed Electrical Repairer- Crane Maintenance will be required to complete the following duties:
• Panel wiring for crane equipment
• Wiring of remote systems
• Electrical servicing of lifting equipment
• Electrical repairing of lifting equipment
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment that forms part of overhead cranes
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, contactors, switch boxes, conduits, timers, overloads that forms part of overhead cranes
• Test electrical components that forms part of overhead cranes for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
• Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, limit switches, overload limiters that forms part of overhead cranes
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, reducers and motor brakes that forms part of overhead cranes
• Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices that forms part of overhead cranes
• Conduct electrical preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
• Mechanical servicing of lifting equipment which includes the inspection of gearboxes and oil levels, measuring of long travel and cross travel wheels for wear, greasing of open gears and grease points, inspection of load chains and wire ropes, wire rope guide for basic wear and the inspection of all bolts for signs of wear or tightness.
• Replacement of load chain, wire ropes and rope guides
• Mechanical Repairing of lifting equipment which include the replacement of broken shafts, worn wheels, worn or bent shafts, collapsed bearings, broken or worn gears and the replacement of worn brake linings.
• Load testing of lifting equipment which involve basic rigging of solid weights onto load hooks, the knowledge of the operation of electronic load cells is essential.
• Installation and commissioning of new cranes and crane systems
• Overhauling of long travel, cross travel and hoist gearboxes
• Calibration of Load cells and load limiters
• Reading blue prints of cranes.
• Inspecting overhead cranes for malfunctions and incorrect operation• Assemble and install new overhead cranes
• Make adjustments to any components on overhead hoists and cranes
The majority of the duties will be electrical duties.
Wage will be $40.00 per hour depending on experience and abilities. Increases possible based on performance.
The benefits are an 100% coverage on health and dental to maximum of $2,000 per annum.
• Electrical and mechanical experience repair and maintenance of overhead cranes
• Ability to perform the duties described above
• Language at the work place is English
• 10 000 hours experience in maintenance of overhead cranes
• Qualified journeyman electrician from any jurisdiction or college or university courses in electrical field
Resumes can be sent to email to the ad
Please provide 3 references that can verify the experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.